Things To Check When Hiring Donkeys
When hiring donkeys for events, visits or parties, etc., there are a few things you should check out in order to protect both yourself and your participants from unscrupulous operators.
- Insurance: ask to see a copy of the operator’s insurance relating to their working donkeys to make sure they are covered for public liability.
- Valid Licence: check with the operator’s local council to make sure they have a valid licence to work donkeys – even if they have insurance this would be invalid without a licence.
- Enhanced Criminal Record Certificates: ask to see a copy of the Enhanced CRC for the person(s) who will be attending your event to make sure that they can work with children or vulnerable adults.
- Check with the Donkey Sanctuary: reputable operators will be known by and have dealings with the Donkey Sanctuary – call to ask their opinion on Real Donkeys.
What do you want our donkeys for?
Getting close to our calm, gentle animals can be of great benefit to children and adults alike. Riding, stroking, cuddling and talking to them – they love all the attention they can get and never fail to be loved by all who come into contact with them. Our donkeys are always supervised by our own experienced staff and are available for:
- FULLY LICENSED FOR WORKING DONKEYS
- FULLY INSURED FOR PUBLIC LIABILITY
- ENHANCED CRIMINAL RECORD CERTIFICATES
(for working with children and vulnerable adults)
- BRITISH DRIVING SOCIETY CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCE
(for the transport of horses, donkeys, ponies, mules)
Our public liability insurance documents and licensing from Kirklees County Council can be downloaded directly and printed off from here
Distance is no object
Our donkeys are becoming the number one choice for event organisers, schools and commercial/corporate bodies to provide rides at their promotions, fun days and fairs.